We want to expand our team of outstanding developers to help build and run great digital services. Candidates must have strong skills in frontend or backend web development (or both) and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, editors, analysts focused on one or more products or projects.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for working with that team to design, create and improve new and existing products, platforms and transactions across public sector services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language and/or detailed understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- System administration and configuration management skills
- Experience presenting work at user groups and conferences
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
This post is office based with some travel to clients’ premises, meetings and events as required for the business for which mileage and out of pocket expenses will be paid in accordance with the subsistence policy.