Remote Full Stack Software Engineer - Python
VIX.Digital is an agency that specialises in service integration within the public health sector. We work closely with the world's top healthcare organisations to give patients access to better health care, by facilitating the difficult challenges associated with service interoperability.
Our close knit team has worked together on some of healthcare’s biggest projects, we designed NHS 111 Interoperability Architecture, NHS.UK technical infrastructure, NHS.UK content syndication API’s, and integrated a range of apps with GP systems.
We are currently looking for a full stack engineer to join the VIX team. Our offices are based in Warrington, Cheshire; however the successful applicant will be able to work remotely, visiting our office for team meetings or as requested for ad hoc project meetings. We care about output, not process.
At VIX we provide the perfect environment to learn and develop your skills, setting your own targets and milestones to get to wherever you would like to be in your career. We have a mix of designers and developers who you’ll work alongside daily and you will become a key person working on leading healthcare provider projects. At VIX we promote a can do, no blame working environment and the successful candidate should expect to have fun and develop their skills daily. You will be joining a friendly and social team; we have a pool and football table at the office to use freely and have a paid for team lunch most weeks.
What you will do:
- Develop high quality features with the end user in mind
- Work across all stages in the product life cycle: design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Build features across the whole tech stack including mobile, web and backend systems
- Work in a lightweight scrum process where we always adapt our tools and workflows to ensure that each workday is stimulating and productive
- Have a big impact on what we build and how it is built
- Multiple years of experience developing software in a professional environment
- 2 years experience working with Python. You will be working with frameworks such as Django and Wagtail so any experience in these is a plus
- Experience with front end technologies
- Experience with multiple programming languages and comfortable with the idea of taking up new languages and technologies often when required on a project by project basis
- A passion for tech and healthcare
- Used to working in an agile environment
- You are familiar with development tools and processes such as Git and CI/CD
- Experience of working with consumer facing products
- You have experience working with web and/or mobile clients
- You like working as a team to share your knowledge and ideas
- Relaxed environment with flexible working hours and remote working
- Collaboration with Europe’s largest healthcare organisations
- Company retreats around the UK and Europe
- Latest software and ability to choose your own toolkit
- Access to the latest research in design and tech
- VIX new starter pack
- A generous training budget to further your career
Applications - Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com